Auto insurance protects you and your vehicle should there be damage from an accident or a catastrophic loss. Think of car insurance as a safety net. At the ABC Dennis Insurance agency in Lutz, Florida, our job is to make sure your auto insurance covers the expenses of an accident at a cost that fits your budget.
The primary purpose of auto insurance is to provide financial protection against the liability of physical damage or bodily injury from an accident in an insured vehicle. There are three primary types of auto insurance:
- Liability protection helps cover damages for injuries and property damage to others for which you are legally responsible as a result of a covered accident.
- Collision coverage helps cover damage to your car after an accident involving another vehicle and may help to repair or replace a covered vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage helps pay to replace or repair your vehicle if it is stolen or damaged in an incident that is not a collision. It may also pay for damage to your car in the event of vandalism, weather events, and collision with animals.
Additional car insurance coverages include:
- Medical payments coverage helps pay for the medical or funeral expenses of covered drivers and passengers after an accident, regardless of fault.
- Emergency road service coverage helps drivers when their vehicle breaks down.
- Uninsured motorist coverage protects you in an accident with an at-fault driver who doesn’t carry liability insurance.
- Underinsured motorist coverage protects you in an accident with an at-fault driver whose liability limits are too low to cover the medical expenses.
Why You Need Auto Insurance in Florida
Florida law requires operators of automobiles to have insurance. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles requires a minimum of $10,000 personal injury protection (PIP) and $10,000 property damage liability (PDL) for as long as you have a valid Florida license plate.
What You Should Know About Auto Insurance
Auto insurance costs are determined by the protection options you select, the amount of driving and type of driving you do each year, and your driving record. Though the state has mandatory minimum car insurance requirements, drivers typically need more coverage to protect themselves and their families.
The Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Insurance required in Florida is known as “Florida’s No-Fault Insurance.” This covers you up to the limits of your policy, regardless of who caused an accident.
Florida’s other required insurance, Property Damage Liability (PDL), covers damages to other people’s property in a motor vehicle crash for which you are responsible.
In addition to PIP and PDL insurance, you should consider Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) coverage which pays for serious and permanent injury or death sustained in an auto accident for which you are responsible. This coverage pays for injuries up to the limits of your policy and provides legal representation for you should you be sued.
Your policy cost can be discounted if your vehicle has certain safety features and if you have a safe driving record. Another determining factor in the cost of the policy is the amount of the deductible, which is the amount of money you are willing to pay for a claim.
ABC Dennis Insurance works with you to make sure your assets and income are protected should you be involved in an accident.
Classic and Collectible Car Insurance
In Florida, vehicles that are at least 30 years old can qualify as an antique, collectible, or “classic” car. Classic and collectible car insurance is different than regular auto insurance, because it generally covers the full collectible value of the vehicle.
Insurance for a classic car is usually less expensive than standard auto insurance, because classic cars are rarely driven. As a result, classic car insurance policies come with strict mileage limits – a lower mileage limit typically results in a lower insurance premium. Furthermore, cars stored in year-round climate-controlled rooms also tend to have lower insurance premiums, compared to cars that are frequently driven.
ABC Dennis Insurance Agency
ABC Dennis Insurance is an independent insurance agency established in 1997 that provides auto insurance for individuals, families, and businesses.
As an independent agency, we find the best coverage with the most competitive rates among multiple insurance companies. This is important because no car insurance company can meet every insurance need. So, we shop multiple insurance carriers to find the coverage that best fits our customers’ every need.